Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Monday wrap-up

Today was a tad on the slow side, but since the weather is appropriate for, say--- late March- I'm not surprised. I'm not really complaining, though, because it gives me a chance to chat with the folks who *do* show up. In this short time I've already found a few "regulars" and these are excellent people that I'm happy to have hang out. A few lovely ladies made a trip downtown just to get my treats, and that's very flattering.

I've made a few observations that may be of interest to others.

1. Soft-serve machines are vile monsters. They spew filth on you when you least expect it. Today my vanilla hadn't hardened and as I tested the nozzle mix shot out ALL OVER THE PLACE. It looked like a scene from "Dexter" but with vanilla mix instead of blood. Everything was coated. Thank Dog I know enough to bring a 2nd shirt along.

2. Kids want ice-cream and they don't give a god-damn if it's from a gay truck or not. One girl got so excited at the sight of the truck that she scream and hiked her dress up! Occasionally the parents are uncomfortable about the truck's orientation (I'm being nice) but it doesn't matter. The kid HAS TO HAVE IT. This whole scenario makes me intensely happy .

3. Nilla Wafers, crushed up, are a great thing to roll a cone in. Man oh man.

4. Junkies love dip-coat. On two separate occasions today I had clients who were clearly strung out. Pupils were pinpoints, speech patterns were odd. They both were really worried that I wouldn't have dip-coat, and when I told them that I could hook them up (yeah, that's the term I used- I sounded like the pusher-man) they were elated. FYI, one wanted chocolate and one wanted cherry.

1 comment:

  1. When you say "Thank Dog" do you mean that a dog actually is watching over you, protecting you, and chanelling his thoughts to you so that you make the right decisions? Hmmmmmmm?.......
    Also, I'm a Christian and, religious convictions aside, I don't care if you're Gay or straight. When it's my time of the month and you see me making a desperate and emotional bee-line for your truck, you better have that vanilla soft-serve ready, or there'll be h-e-double-hockey sticks to pay! - C.T., Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter